Licensure in Tennessee 

Hello! We are so excited that you are interested in becoming a School Counselor in Tennessee.

First, we would suggest contacting the licensure department at for more information.

For counselors coming from out of state, you will be required to pass the Praxis for school counseling and to show completion of a counseling program.

You can read more about the licensure application here:

If you have additional questions or concerns, we would recommend calling the department and speaking with someone directly.

Currently, we would also recommend reaching out to the specific county you plan to work in. In light of COVID-19 some districts are on a hiring freeze, and taking applications or doing interviews.

 Need more help? ASCA  also has a resource guide for all the state licensing.

We can't wait to have you on our team!

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software